Sunday 3 June 2012

Pink Birthday Card


This is a birthday card I made for my friend Sheryl.  I love making pink cards!  The card base is Bazzill cardstock, I'm afraid I don't know the name of the colour.  There is a layer of white cardstock and the designer paper is from K&Company - Madeline.


I used Spellbinders Label Twenty-Three to cut out the base under the flower, sponged around the spellbinder die before I lifted it off of the paper and then popped it up.  I used Hero Art Shadow Ink - Soft Brown for the sponging on this base, it just adds a bit of soft colour. 


The flower that I've used on this card is from Tammy Beaver and they come in the most beautiful range of colours and sizes.  You can get them from Tammy, check out her website at http://www.dcands.ca/ and you can also get them at Scrapbooking Cafe Online, http://www.scrapbookingcafeonline.ca/.  I attached this to the card with a dab of hot glue and then poked some white floral pearls here and there among the petals, I like the extra sparkle they give the flower!


The leaves are Spellbinders Foliage and I shaped them a bit on a soft mouse pad.  I added some extra leaves with the Martha Stewart branch punch.  Both of these were done with scraps of yellow green cardstock that I had laying around.


The pleated ribbon is some that I found at a craft shop while visiting my parents in New Brunswick.  The sentiment and banner are SU.  The pretty butterfly is from K&Company Bird & Butterfly Layered Accents.  A few half pearls in pink finished the front.



It's fun to make the inside of your cards look pretty too!  The designer paper is the same as the front and the edge punch is Recollections Deep Border Punch Flourish Dot.  The little rhinestone butterfly is a Dollarama find.  The verse I printed using the computer, I find this the easiest way to get the right size and shape that I want.  The words are half mine and half someone elses. 


Hope you enjoyed this card, thanks for looking!










No comments:

Post a Comment