Tuesday 26 June 2012

Little Bird!

Haven't posted for a couple of days - life's just busy at the moment, which is good!  I'll see if I can post a couple of cards now.

This is a birthday card that I made for my friend Diane.  I didn't add a Happy Birthday sentiment on the outside of the card, I put it all inside.  So really this card could have been used for several occassions.

I started with a dark teal Bazzill cardstock and added a layer of SU - Very Vanilla.  The next layers are the dark teal topped with K&Company - Teal Floral & Letter.  The lace is from Micheals and the beautiful pleated ribbon is SU.  This second layer is popped up.  The third layers are SU - Chocolate Chip and BoBunny - Gabrielle Mocha Die Cut.  This paper was round and had this beautiful cut edge on it - love it.  This layer was popped up too.

The medallion was cut from SU - Very Vanilla using Spellbinders - Fancy Tags Two.  I sponged the center with SU - Crumb Cake.  The leaves are all die cut from SU - Pear Pizazz using Cheery Lynn - Fanciful Flourish and Memory Box - Tender Leaves.  The little flowers are Prima Flowers.

The bird was stamped using SU - Young Vermilion and Stazon - Jet Black.  I watercoloured it very softly with SU - Watercolour Crayons in Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, and Tangerine Tango.  When I watercolour on cards, I always use Ink Potion # Nine because it doesn't warp the paper.  I cut him out and curled him just a bit, then popped him up.

The final touches were the soft gold ribbon from the dollar store, the light blue half pearls, and the stick pin with a variety of beads.

Hope you like this card, I loved making it :)

Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment