Friday 29 June 2012

thank you in aqua

I was asked by a woman to make some thank you cards for her, this is the first one that I designed. 

I really love the pattern and details in this flower and leaves.  I didn't start out to make a brown flower.  I knew I wanted to use this stamp and I intended for it to be layers of different colours with only the bottom layer in brown, but I loved the brown on brown so much that I continued on with the other layers too!  and once I had the flower made this aqua paper complimented it nicely.

So, all the paper for this card came from Michaels.  The card is made from a medium aqua Bazzill cardstock and the designer paper is Recollections - Aqua Screen.  The ribbon is a wide aqua organza ribbon that I had from the dollar store.  The brown trim on top of the ribbon was done using EK - Medallion Chain double edge punch and Recollections - Kraft paper.  This is one of my favourite punches.  I glued a line of twine in the middle, Sew Easy Fancy Floss - Blue Lagoon.

The flower stamp is SU - Triple Treat Flower.  I stamped it 5 times on the Kraft paper with SU - Chocolate Chip ink and 3 of the flowers were cut out with SU - Fancy Flower punch.  I overlaped 2 of these almost half ways and this made the bottome layer of the flower. I attached this to the card with Skor tape.  The third one I shaped just a bit with a paint brush handle and I placed it in the center of the first layer.  The fourth flower was cut out using SU - 5 Petal Flower punch and this cut out just a portion of the stamped flower.  This was also shaped just a bit and popped up as the next layer.  I added a few very small white half pearls to this flower layer.  From the fifth stamped flower I used SU - 1/2" circle punch to cut out the center of the flower.  This circle was shaped on a soft mouse pad and popped up for the center of the flower. 

The leaves are SU - Day of Gratitude.  They were stamped on the Kraft paper and cut out with scissors and glued to the card around the flower. 

The butterfly was stamped with SU - Papillon Potpourri and SU - Really Rust.  I stamped it on Recollections - White Glimmer paper, this paper has a soft shine to it which you can see in the picture.  The butterfly was cut out with the coordinating SU - Butterfly punch, shaped a bit and glued to the card.

The sentiment tag I cut out by hand using the same Recollections Glimmer paper.  The stamp is SU - Thank You Kindly and I used Stazon - Jet Black.  I cut a second tag just a bit bigger from the Kraft paper and layered it under the sentiment, punched a hole in the tag and tied a piece of twine through the hole.  I popped this up on the card.  A few white half pearls in the corner finished the card.

This was a really fun card to make.

Thanks for stopping to take a look :)







No comments:

Post a Comment