Monday 4 June 2012

Baby Card in Pink


I made this card for a sweet little girl that came into our family.  I started with a white cardstock card, folded it and cut about 1/4" off of the bottom of the front of the card.  I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch on the cut white edge.  For this card I picked three other pink cardstocks that worked well with the designer paper - a dark, medium, and light pink.  The medium pink cardstock I edged with the doily lace punch and layered it over the white lace.  I cut a strip of the darker pink cardstock 1 1/2" wide and used the doily lace punch on both long edges.  This was layered under the white lace.  By punching both edges, the inside of the card looks nice too!


The designer paper came from our local dollar store in a little package of baby paper, this I cut to fit over the top part of the card, leaving the lace underneath.  The tag is the light pink cardstock and was cut using Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, this is a set that I have used a lot!  The flowers were cut using SU Floral Fusion die.  I rolled the petals in towards the center of the flowers using the end of a paint brush to help roll them.  They were then layered together and glued on the card.  They were cut from patterned paper in the package of baby paper.  The leaves were cut from scraps of cardstock in soft green solid and a soft green pattern using SU Little Leaves die.  Off white half pearls were added to the flowers and the tag.


The inside of the card has another piece of the designer paper.  The labels were made using the light pink cardstock, white cardstock, and Spellbinders Labels Twenty.  The sentiment on the front and the verse inside were from All Night Media - Baby Cakes set. 

Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment