Thursday 7 June 2012

Bird, Butterfly, and Blossoms!


Good morning!

This is a card that I made for our daughter to congratulate her on finishing her first year of law school.  She did a fantastic job!

The card is white cardstock with a layer of SU Early Espresso, one of my favourite colours.  The designer paper is Kaisercraft - Secret Bird Society Collection.  The whole sheet is beautiful, this is just a small section of it.  It is hard to tell from the picture, but the designs of the bird, flowers, and branches are all a beautiful coppery brown metallic, so the card has some shine to it.  There is another piece of designer paper over this but unfortunately, I don't remember where I pick it up from.  I added a piece of white doily.

I wanted this card to feel like a beautiful spring day, so I added the branch with the blossoms.  The branch is cut using Memory Box - Woodland Branch Die and the leaves are Memory Box - Tender Leaves Die.  This branch die is so versatile, you can add the leaves or leave it bare for winter.  You can use it as a full branch on a tree or have it as an accent twig sticking out behind some flowers.  I love it!

The branch is cut from SU Early Espresso and the leaves are cut from some scrap green - I always have little pieces of a variety of greens laying around that are just right for leaves.  The flowers are cut using a Recollections Punch.  I sponged around the edges with SU - Cameo Coral and then shaped them using a soft mouse pad.  A white half pearl for the center finished the little flowers.

The butterfly is cut using Memory Box - Vivienne.  This is such a pretty butterfly and can be paired with Memory Box - Darla which is a solid cut out of the same butterfly.  These two butterflies are pretty alone or together.  For this card I just used Vivienne.

Thanks for looking :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment