Tuesday 26 June 2012

peachy birthday

I wanted to use some things on this card that I really liked but hadn't had a chance to use yet lol, you know the stuff!

The first was this peach Bazzill cardstock and the second was this beautiful paper from DCWV matstack - The Tradewinds.  This is such a great book of paper, every piece is just gorgeous.  All of the brown paper layers are SU - Chocolate Chip.  The border is Martha Stewart - Arch Lattice punch and the pleated ribbon is some that I found in a scrapbooking store in New Brunswick while visiting my parents, it's a vanilla colour.

The stamp set is from SU - Apothecary set - the third thing that I wanted to use.  I stamped it with Stazon - Jet Black on SU - Very Vanilla and watercoloured it with Staedtler watercolour pencils.  For the center of the flowers I used Recollections - Microbeads in Champagne.  I love using these for flowers.  Put a dab of glue, sprinkle some microbeads on and shape them a bit as they start to set.  When the glue is completely dry, add more glue over top of them.  Make sure that it's a glue that dries clear.  This sets them in place and there's so many colours available!

I used SU - Labels Collection Framelits to cut out the layer of peach cardstock and the layer with the Apothecary stamp.  To get the brown layer, I traced around the outside edge of one of the framelits and cut it out by hand.  This is easy to cut out and gives you closer layers.  This set of three framelits was popped up.  The framelits are the fourth thing that was waiting to be used in my craft room!

The banner is SU - Take it To Heart and was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black.  I coloured the edges with SU - Dusty Durango marker.  The sentiment is from the Apothecary set and also stamped with Stazon.  The banner was cut out and popped up.

The last details are the stick pin with a variety of beads, the butterfly which is cut and embossed using SU - Beautiful Wings, and a Die-namics - Leafy Flourish.  Both the butterfly and the flourish were cut from brushed gold cardstock - sorry I don't know the name.  A few half pearls and my card was finished -

AND I got to use lots of things for the first time :)

Thanks for taking a look.

1 comment: