Tuesday 5 June 2012

Thank You in Blue


I made this little thank you card for a lady who had purchased some of my Easter cards.  The paper is from The Tradewinds Matstack by DCWV.  This is a 6.5" x 4.5" book of patterned cardstock and it has such nice patterns, lots of nautical paper.  I took one of the sheets and folded it in half, so this is a smaller card, but just right for a quick thank you. 

The bottom layer of the label is made with a medium blue cardstock and Spellbinders Labels Twenty.   The next layer is white cardstock and Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accents.  Before I removed the Spellbinder die I sponged a bit of light brown ink - Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Brown.  The sentiment is from SU.  I popped up the white layer and added white half pearls. 

Then to decorate it a bit I added a piece of white satin ribbon folded in half, a few leaves in a brushed gold metallic cardstock using SU Little Leaves die, and a flower from Tammy Beaver.  These flowers are simply beautiful and come in many colours.  You can get them from Tammy, check out her website at http://www.dcands.ca/ and you can also get them at Scrapbooking Cafe Online, http://www.scrapbookingcafeonline.caI attach these flowers to cards with a little dab of hot glue.

Thanks for looking at my cards :)







No comments:

Post a Comment