Saturday, 20 July 2013

Butterfly Birthday!

Hi again!  Here's my newest card.  I'm going to try hard to publish all of my cards as I do them.  I have a lot of cards that I don't have on my blog yet, but going to try to catch up :)

This card measures 7"x5.5", just a little bigger than the normal card.  The card base is made from SU - Very Vanilla with a layer of SU - Midnight Muse (love this colour, definitely one of my favourites!).  The designer paper with the pretty green leaves was given to me and I don't remember where she got it. 

The butterfly is SU - Swallowtail, it's beautiful.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink on white cardstock, covered it with black embossing powder and heated it up.  The colour was added with Derwent - Inktense pencils and an aquapainter.  I always use Ink Potion # 9 in the aquapainter, it doesn't curl the paper like plain water will, so you don't have to use heavy, textured watercolour paper.  I also used Derwent - Coloursoft pencils.  These are really soft pencils that allow you to blend the colours together very smoothly.  Once the butterfly was coloured, I fussy cut it.  I used a black Sharpie and went around the cut edge to cover up any white. 

I curled the 4 parts of the wings with my fingers so they have a nice wave to them, it makes the butterfly look like he's in motion.  Unfortunately, you can't see this very well in the photo.  Under the wave on each wing, I put two layers of pop ups and then positioned the butterfly on the card.  I glued the body down and each wing tip.  The pop ups underneath help keep the wings curved, especially since this card was going in the mail. 

The flower on the butterflies body is from Michael's - Melodies and Lace, this was hot glued in place.  The bling on the antenae is from SU - Black Flourish.  The flourish that is coming from under the butterfly was cut using Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and metallic copper cardstock.

The sentiment is SU - Perfectly Penned and was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black on white cardstock.  There is a layer of SU - Midnight Muse under it.  The end pieces were cut out with Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and metallic copper cardstock.  I added half pearls to the copper decorations.   The sentiment was popped up on the card.

The one sparkly leaf came from Dollarama as did the ladybug.

This is the inside of the card.  The verse was computer generated on white carstock with SU - Midnight Muse layed under it.  The decoration is also from Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and the metallic copper cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember to come back soon for the next card :)

Easter Cards for Little Boys

I was asked to make Easter cards for two little boys, so this is the first card.

All of the paper and cardstock that I used was just from my stash so, unfortuately, I can't pass the company names along.  The soft colours of the designer paper suited the card well and then I just picked a cardstock that contrasted nicely with it.

The base of the card is 5"x7" and was made with the darker cardstock.  The ribbon is from SU - Bashful Blue Stitched.  I fastened it around the designer paper and then adhered the paper onto the cardstock. 

The center was cut from the same papers with SU - Labels Collection.  I didn't pop this up because the little eggs that I wanted to use were very thick and I didn't want the card to be too high.  One of our small local stores brings in various craft items from time to time and I found these great Easter stickers there, they are called Easter Treasures.  So that is where the bunny and carrots came from, I thought they were so cute!

The eggs came from Dollarama.  They are round eggs that were meant to hang as decorations.  They are styrofoam and covered with little coloured balls.   I cut them in half with a serated knife and hot glued them in place, so they are fairly high on the card.  I also used hot glue to put the Easter grass in place under the bunny, it is the shredded paper kind.

I wanted to put a little splash of spring on the card.  I used a medium green Bazzill cardstock and SU - Sizzlits Little Leaves to make the spray up in the corner.  The butterflies were made with SU - Embosslits Beautiful Wings then folded and glued into place.  A small flower was glued on to finish.   Again the flower was one that was from my stash.  The final touch were the half pearls in the corners.
This is the inside of my card.  The verse is a combination of several verses and was computer generated.  The little chick was from Michael's and the other stickers were from the same company as the bunny on the front.

This is the second card.  The same paper and stickers were used, just in different combinations.

Hoped you have enjoyed these cards.  Enjoy your day and thanks for taking a look :)