Friday 8 June 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

This is one of my Easter cards that I made this spring.  They were fun to make and even more fun to give to family as we celebrated Easter!

The card was made from white cardstock.  The front has a layer of medium pink Bazzill paper.  The designer paper was some that I had in my collection, I'm afraid I don't know the company name.  The background under the medallion was cut from white cardstock using Spellbinders - Lace Doily Motifs.  The little girl was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black using is a SU set - Easter Blossoms.  I sponged the background with Versafine - Majestic Blue and SU - Summer Sun.  The frame around her was cut from the same medium pink Bazzill paper using with Spellbinders - Classic Scallop Ovals Small and an oval was cut in the center of this using Spellbinders - Classic Oval Small.  I punch holes in each of the scallops with a paper piercer and a soft mouse pad.  This frame was glued over the image of the little girl and popped up in the center of the lace doily.
 

I decorated the card with Tim Holtz - Mini Flourish die in a light green Bazzill cardstock.  The leaves were cut from a medium green Bazzill cardstock using SU - Little Leaves and SU - Biuld A Blossom.  The 2 smaller flowers were created using Matha Stewart - Hydrangea Punch and were cut from a stone coloured Bazzill cardstock.  The larger flower was cut from a Cuttlebug - Flower die, Su - Floral Fusion, and an EK - Small Daisy punch all in the same stone coloured cardstock.  I sponged them all with SU - Cameo Coral and shaped them on a soft mouse pad.  The small flowers have yellow Flower Soft glued in the centers and the larger one has a white half pearl.
 
I added leaves from white cardstock using Martha Stewart - Branch Punch and pearl strings that I found at our local dollar store.  The sentiment is SU - Something To Celebrate and was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black.  I sponged arond the little banner with SU - Wild Wasabi.  The Easter eggs are from the same SU - Easter Blossoms set.  I embossed them in white on blue and pink carstock and cut out around them.  I added a little butterfly that I cut using Su - Beautiful Wings, I layered two of them together.   A few more white half pearls placed among the leaves finished the card.
 
 
This is the inside of the card.  The verse is half my words and half someone elses.  The little Easter eggs were created the same as the front.  The corner punches are Martha Stewart - French Scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment