Saturday 20 July 2013


Easter Cards for Little Boys

I was asked to make Easter cards for two little boys, so this is the first card.

All of the paper and cardstock that I used was just from my stash so, unfortuately, I can't pass the company names along.  The soft colours of the designer paper suited the card well and then I just picked a cardstock that contrasted nicely with it.

The base of the card is 5"x7" and was made with the darker cardstock.  The ribbon is from SU - Bashful Blue Stitched.  I fastened it around the designer paper and then adhered the paper onto the cardstock. 

The center was cut from the same papers with SU - Labels Collection.  I didn't pop this up because the little eggs that I wanted to use were very thick and I didn't want the card to be too high.  One of our small local stores brings in various craft items from time to time and I found these great Easter stickers there, they are called Easter Treasures.  So that is where the bunny and carrots came from, I thought they were so cute!

The eggs came from Dollarama.  They are round eggs that were meant to hang as decorations.  They are styrofoam and covered with little coloured balls.   I cut them in half with a serated knife and hot glued them in place, so they are fairly high on the card.  I also used hot glue to put the Easter grass in place under the bunny, it is the shredded paper kind.

I wanted to put a little splash of spring on the card.  I used a medium green Bazzill cardstock and SU - Sizzlits Little Leaves to make the spray up in the corner.  The butterflies were made with SU - Embosslits Beautiful Wings then folded and glued into place.  A small flower was glued on to finish.   Again the flower was one that was from my stash.  The final touch were the half pearls in the corners.
This is the inside of my card.  The verse is a combination of several verses and was computer generated.  The little chick was from Michael's and the other stickers were from the same company as the bunny on the front.

This is the second card.  The same paper and stickers were used, just in different combinations.




Hoped you have enjoyed these cards.  Enjoy your day and thanks for taking a look :)


No comments:

Post a Comment