Saturday, 20 July 2013

Butterfly Birthday!

Hi again!  Here's my newest card.  I'm going to try hard to publish all of my cards as I do them.  I have a lot of cards that I don't have on my blog yet, but going to try to catch up :)

This card measures 7"x5.5", just a little bigger than the normal card.  The card base is made from SU - Very Vanilla with a layer of SU - Midnight Muse (love this colour, definitely one of my favourites!).  The designer paper with the pretty green leaves was given to me and I don't remember where she got it. 

The butterfly is SU - Swallowtail, it's beautiful.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink on white cardstock, covered it with black embossing powder and heated it up.  The colour was added with Derwent - Inktense pencils and an aquapainter.  I always use Ink Potion # 9 in the aquapainter, it doesn't curl the paper like plain water will, so you don't have to use heavy, textured watercolour paper.  I also used Derwent - Coloursoft pencils.  These are really soft pencils that allow you to blend the colours together very smoothly.  Once the butterfly was coloured, I fussy cut it.  I used a black Sharpie and went around the cut edge to cover up any white. 

I curled the 4 parts of the wings with my fingers so they have a nice wave to them, it makes the butterfly look like he's in motion.  Unfortunately, you can't see this very well in the photo.  Under the wave on each wing, I put two layers of pop ups and then positioned the butterfly on the card.  I glued the body down and each wing tip.  The pop ups underneath help keep the wings curved, especially since this card was going in the mail. 

The flower on the butterflies body is from Michael's - Melodies and Lace, this was hot glued in place.  The bling on the antenae is from SU - Black Flourish.  The flourish that is coming from under the butterfly was cut using Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and metallic copper cardstock.

The sentiment is SU - Perfectly Penned and was stamped with Stazon - Jet Black on white cardstock.  There is a layer of SU - Midnight Muse under it.  The end pieces were cut out with Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and metallic copper cardstock.  I added half pearls to the copper decorations.   The sentiment was popped up on the card.

The one sparkly leaf came from Dollarama as did the ladybug.

This is the inside of the card.  The verse was computer generated on white carstock with SU - Midnight Muse layed under it.  The decoration is also from Spellbinders - Venetian Motifs and the metallic copper cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember to come back soon for the next card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment