Monday 8 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


I love making cards for the holidays and seasons and it's so much fun to send them to family and friends.  Each year I collect different stamps, paper, and dies for each season and then try to use them all on the cards.  This card has the things I've collected for Thanksgiving over the last year.  Hope you like it :)

The card is made with Recollections - Kraft paper and the woodgrain paper is some that I had in my collection, sorry I don't have a company name. 

The pumpkin paper is K&Company - Tim Coffey Fall Pumpkins and it is such pretty paper.  It's layered over Bazzill - Espresso.

The beautiful pumpkin die is Cheery Lynn - Lacey Pumpkin Corner Flourish.  It's a rather intricate die and I had some difficulty getting it to cut, took lots of shims!  It comes out of the die really easy though.  I cut it out of the Espresso paper and glued it onto the card.

The leaves are SU - Autumn Splendor.  I stamped them with SU - Chocolate Chip on some pieces of scrap paper that I had here in nice fall colours.  I cut them out and popped them up on the card with dimensionals.  The double acorn is also from this set of stamps, stamped on Kraft paper with Chocolate Chip and cut out.
The single acorn is SU - Day of Gratitude.  Same thing, it's stamped on Kraft paper with Chocolate Chip, cut out, and glued in place.

The "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment is SU - Thankful For, stamped on Kraft paper with Chocolate Chip.  I cut it into a small banner and layered it over a banner of Bazzill - Espresso.  This is also popped up.

The sentiment on the inside is computer generated on white cardstock.  The pumpkins are embossed with a Cuttlebug folder - Pumpkin Harvest on some soft orange cardstock that I had here in my collection.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, hope you've had a wonderful long weekend with family and friends.  Thanks for dropping by :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment