Tuesday 16 October 2012

Audrey


A dear friend turned 101 years old in August, she is such a sweet and lovely lady and I wanted something special for her so this is the card I made for her. 

I love Kittie Caracciolo's cards and this is one of her cards that inspired mine - http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2032734?&limit=last1

This is a 6x6 card, but I cut it 1/4" smaller so it would go into a 6" envelope.  I used a medium pink Bazzill cardstock.  The next layer is a 4" square of white cardstock embossed with SU - Square Lattice folder.  This was attached directly to the center of the pink card. 

The designer paper is some from my stash, sorry I don't know the company name.  I started with a 5" square and used Martha Stewart's punch around the page - Eyelet Lace.  I then cut and embossed the center opening with Spellbinders - Classic Scalloped Circles.  I added pop ups to this but it didn't give enough height, so I put a second layer of pop ups right on the first ones and attached this to center of the card.

Then the decorating :)

I used one Tammy Beaver's flowers.  I think they are so beautiful and they come in many colours.   You can get them from Tammy, check out her website at http://www.dcands.ca/ and you can also get them at Scrapbooking Cafe Online, http://www.scrapbookingcafeonline.ca.  I attach these flowers to the cards with a little dab of hot glue. 

The leaves are a combination of things.  I used SU - Little Leaves (I love this sizzlet! ) and SU - Build A Blossom Punch.  The punch is to build flowers but many of them look like leaves too.  I used SU - Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, and Pear Pizzaz.  Then I did a lot of sponging on them.  They are shaded at the base and along the edges with a variety of colours - SU - Garden Green, Always Artichoke, and Old Olive.  The shading at the base is heavier than the edges.  Then I blushed the leaves here and there with SU - Cherry Cobbler.  There's a little bit on each leaf but in different places.  I love using finger daubers for this shading, it gives you nice control of how much colour you're putting on and lets you put it just where you want it.  I shaped the bigger leaves by rolling them around the handle of a small paint brush.  The leaves were arranged around the flower and the open circle and glued in place.

I cut the little banner out by hand and the "Happy Birthday" is SU - Something to Celebrate and is stamped in SU - Garden Green.  I sponged the same colour around the edges and glued this just under the edge of the flower.  I added some pink half pearls in each corner.

This is the inside.

A square of white cardstock, a square of the same designer paper used on the front ( this was also punched with MS - Eyelet Lace), and a scalloped circle of white cardstock.  I added a few leaves to make it pretty.  I didn't add a verse to this card because I wanted to write my own words.

Thanks for taking a look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment