Tuesday 23 October 2012

Dawn


My sister hates getting older, always has, always will, so I had to get a little dig in lol - that's what older sisters do.  And the fact that I do it well is just the way it goes :)

My sister loves birds and humming birds in particular and I wanted to make her a pretty card that she would like.  The verse I had seen on someone else's card a while ago, but I didn't bookmark it at the time.  My card is different from theirs, but I did use their words, so - if it's from your card - thank you so very much for the inspiration and I fully acknowledge that the words are not mine!

The card itself is a 5x7 made from Recollections - Kraft paper.  The designer paper with the birds is Kissing Booth - Oh Darling!  I sponged around the bird paper with SU - Chocolate Chip.

The next layer is popped up.  I used SB - Fleur De Lis Rectangles and cut it from Kraft paper.  The musical designer paper on this layer is BoBunny - Et Cetra Symphony.  I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip before adhering it to the Fleur De Lis. 

The next layer is also popped up.  I used SB - Labels Eighteen and SU - Very Vanilla to cut out this third layer.  With the Spellbinder still in place around the cut paper, I sponged very softly around the edges with Chocolate Chip and then when you take the die off you have a cool border around it.  The photo is making it look like the papers are white, but it reality, they are cream coloured and very vanilla.  The verse on this layer was computer generated.

The leaves are SU - Little Leaves cut from SU - Chocolate Chip and the cream coloured organza ribbon is from Michael's.  The little metal humming bird is also from Michael's, Bead Landing - Found Objects.  This is a package of metal bird charms and they are just sweet.  So I put the little hummer on some baker's twine and looped it around the bow.  I put a glue dot on the back of the bird and fixed it to the card so he could always be seen rather than flop around.  The baker's twine is Sew Easy - Cream Soda.


Here is the inside of the card!  It's so perfect.  Made very simply, SB - Labels Eighteen and SU - Very Vanilla.  Again, the paper was sponged with Chocolate Chip while the Spellbinder was still in place.  The verse was computer generated.

Thanks for visiting :)



No comments:

Post a Comment