Monday 13 August 2012

speedy recovery!

This is a card that I made for a friend recovering from hip surgery.  I didn't want it to be a get well card, but rather a speedy recovery card.  He loves to fish and was missing getting out so this is the card that I came up with.

The card base was made from SU - Cajun Craze with a mat of SU - Chocolate Chip.  The wood grain paper is from GCD Studios - Autumn Afternoon.  The fisherman is a picture of a stamp that I downloaded from a site and for the life of me I can't find it again, so I really have no info on what company makes it, sorry!  I thought it was just perfect for this card.  The fisherman is also matted with Chocolate Chip.  The fishing rod, fish, tackle box, and fishing hat and vest are a set of Jolee's dimensional stickers - Going Fishing.  I used Baker's Twine for the fishing line and the metal fish is K&Company - Seaglass Metal Art. 

The sentiment was generated on the computer, I cut it out and embossed with Spellbinders - Labels Twenty-Three and I sponged SU - Chocolate Chip around the piece before I removed the die.  This was attached to the card with pop ups.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card.  The dancing fish I found using a Google image search, they were printed on white and matted with Chocolate Chip.  The sentiment inside the card is something I did on the computer.


Thanks for taking a look :)





No comments:

Post a Comment